Using Your Library Card
- You can use your new card at any Evergreen Indiana library, except for reciprocal and student cardholders.
- Cards must be issued from your local library.
- You must have your library card to check out materials.
- Lost cards can be replaced for $2.
Checking Out Materials
- Library materials circulate for 1, 2 or 3 weeks, except art prints which circulate for 3 months.
- Books, except new books
- Music CDs
- Storytelling kits, concept kits
- New books in the Adult Dept.
- DVDs and VHS tapes
Items that do not check out:
- Latest issue of magazines
- Reference materials
- Indiana and Genealogy materials
Books may be renewed twice and other items one time unless another patron has a hold on the item.
You can return materials inside the library or in the outside book drop on the northwest corner of the building. You may also return materials to any Evergreen Indiana library.
Check Out Limits
You may check out up to 100 items at one time. This includes up to 10 DVDs and 10 VHS videos per family. Or example, if you check out 75 items at our library, you may check out 25 items from other Evergreen libraries.
Holds & Borrowing from other Evergreen libraries
- You may place up to 20 holds from any Evergreen Indiana Library with the following exceptions.
- Materials added to any library’s collection during the previous 6 months.
- Audio-visual materials owned by other Evergreen Indiana libraries. However, you may still visit the other libraries to check out these materials in person.
- You are a reciprocal or student cardholder
- Items have a 1-day grace period.
- Fines are 25 cents per day on all items beginning the second day.
- The maximum fee per item is $10.
- Late fees may be paid at any Evergreen Library or through the catalog.
If we have your email address on file you will receive an automatic notice 3 days before your due date. Overdue notices will also be sent by email. If we do not have your current email on file we will send overdue notices via US Mail beginning 14 days after the due date.
Each lost item will cost $5 plus the cost of the original item. There are no refunds for lost items.
Cards become blocked when…
- You have 15 or more items overdue at any of the member libraries.
- You have fines totaling $10 or more. These fines may be owed to any member library.
- Your card already has 100 items checked out from Evergreen Indiana libraries (including 10 DVDs and 10 VHS).
- Your family collectively has fines of $10 or more.
- If your card has been blocked because of fines, the fines must be paid in full to unblock your card.